Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First Day of School

It’s the first day of school!

I haven’t been this excited {slash nervous} for the first day since I was in elementary school.  Today our little first graders come to school for our first day together.  Yesterday was Meet the Teacher, so I got to meet almost all of them and their parents, and I can tell we are going to have a great bunch.

For example, a conversation I had today with two little Firsties:

Me: So, what did you do this summer?
#1: I went to Orlando.  We went to four different places at Disney World: Downtown Disney, Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom and Blizzard Beach.
Me: Wow, that sounds fun! What about you, {#2}?
#2: I went to Paris.  But we couldn’t go all the way to the top of the Eiffel Tower because the elevators were broken.
Me. Oh. That’s a bummer!

Clearly, they had way cooler summers than I did! 
To celebrate my first First Day, here’s yours truly in first grade:


My mom made that dress :)

And, the First Day of School, through the years:


Heading off to second grade, sixth grade, senior year and college!

No comments:

Post a Comment