Wednesday, March 28, 2012

31 and counting

Hubs turned 31 yesterday!  We celebrated with a little shopping and a dinner at Corner Bakery.  He wanted new running shoes, so we hit up some stores and he walked out with a shiny new pair.  I was prepared to take him somewhere fun and fancy for dinner, but he said he'd rather go out this weekend, when we aren't so darn tired.  So we rented Hangover 2 instead, which we still hadn't seen.  We started it around 9:30... so I of course promptly fell asleep.  I remember waking up at one point and seeing the little Asian guy with them and saying, "wait I thought he was dead..." and then fell asleep again.  Oh well.

I felt bad about Mark's birthday this year because I didn't really have time to plan for it.  Ryan's wedding the week before and all the craziness madness with moving (I couldn't even find a gift bag to wrap his gift in, much less wrapping paper), so I decided to go all out on the birthday cake to make up for it.  Mark LOVES peanut butter, so when I found a recipe for a Reece's Peanut Butter Cup cake on Pinterest, I knew I had to tackle it.  And tackle it I did!  It took me almost two hours, start to finish.  But I am glad to say it turned out pretty tasty!
The birthday boy with his new tool belt, the cake I slaved over, flowers from our new neighbors, a peeking Goose Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment