Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Grumble, grumble, grumble.


This has been a loooooong week.  Out of control long.  Mark had his knee surgery on Wednesday (one week ago), I was up at work until 7:30 that night, and then the next two days were Grandparents' Day at school, which is just a generally stressful time for me, even when I'm not coordinating and running the entire event by myself (long story).  Friday night I packed up for a road trip to Shreveport with two of my best girls to see our friend Morgan.  Mark's mom stayed with him for the weekend, so I was able to still go on this girls trip that had been planned for months, while only feeling slightly guilty.  We had a great time in Louisiana, but I couldn't help but think of everything that was waiting for me to do at home.  Plus, I did feel guilty that Mark was holed up in bed while I was off seeing painting the town red in LA.

Work has been incredibly weird/drama filled/stressful for the past couple weeks.  I am just so tired.  All the time.  Rant, rant, rant.  Mark's not sleeping well since he's in pain, so thus I am not sleeping well either.  I just need to get through the next two weeks.  My grad school classes are wrapping up, I'm finishing up some papers, I'm almost done with my observation hours for the semester, and each day Mark is getting a little more mobile.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I can juuuuuust see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment