Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Shelf Numero One

Our new house has four built-in shelves, which I L-O-V-E.  I have been avoiding decorating them, because I feel like it's a pretty daunting task to take on, so they have been sitting empty for the past six weeks.  Or not empty really.  More like a place for anything and everything that doesn't have a place yet to sit and gather.  So pretty much, 7 lamps, 26 candles, and lots and lots of knick knacks.

This weekend, I took on getting them in order.  I searched Pinterest for "shelf arrangements" and "shelf decor" and what not to find some good examples, and then tried to mimic the ones I liked with whatever I can find around the house.  I think a trip to Home Goods is in order, because I do not have nearly enough "things" to decorate with, but I did manage a nice little set-up on my first set of shelves.  This one is in the kitchen/dining/living space.. which is hard to describe.  Here's how it turned out:

Not too shabby, eh?  I pretty much used every pretty thing I have, so the other 3 shelves are hurting for anything other than books and picture frames.  Home Goods, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment